Accounting Summer Student
Position Description: Accounting Summer Student
Status: Summer Contract – June 2022 – September 2022
Department: Administration and Accounting
Organization: University of Calgary Properties Group Ltd.
About The Role
Are you an accounting student or recent graduate who is recognized for your strong technical and organizational skills? Do you have a passion for real estate and land development that makes you eager to help with an ever-growing accounting environment? Does the development of a successful accounting atmosphere excite you and bring a passion to your job desires? If this sounds like the job you have been waiting for, we want you to be part of our team.
University of Calgary Properties Group Ltd. (UCPG) is looking for an Accounting Summer Student who will be responsible for supporting the accounting environment of our organization. You will assist in the operational process as it relates to our management company and land development projects, which include University District and University Innovation Quarter, both master planned urban communities in NW Calgary. The successful applicant will be responsible to uphold the quality standards for management of UCPG properties and be excited about an opportunity to grow along with the portfolio.
Aligned with UCPG’s value principles of collaboration, with support of diversity of opinion and inclusion of all voices, through fostering a foundation of mutual respect, the Accounting Summer Student will play a key role in our processing environment. Using these values, while working with all team members, will contribute to the development of a strong working relationships and team focus, allowing the Accounting Summer Student to thrive within the environment of UCPG.
Who We Are
University of Calgary Properties Group Ltd. was created by the University of Calgary to oversee the development and management of university land projects. UCPG’s financial model provides an innovative approach to land development by directing its residual profits back to the University to help fuel its mission. The team and 14-member board of directors are dedicated to creating, developing and managing premier mixed-use developments for the University of Calgary. True to fundamental values of mindfulness, integrity, collaboration, confidence, and accountability UCPG is creating amazing places for people and businesses to thrive.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support AP, AR, and general accounting functions
- Shadow accounting team to create process documentation
- Assist with Yardi Voyager software additions
- Support for contracts, purchase orders and change orders
- Special projects as needed
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with all members of the UCPG team and partners
The ideal applicant will have the following, but not limited to:
- Detail oriented, allowing you to operate in a high paced environment with exceptional time management skills
- Proficiency in excel and data entry management
- A dedication to providing exceptional service every day
- The ability to adapt to change in a positive way and deliver successful results within a time frame
- A team-oriented approach to meeting goals and objectives
- The ability to perform with exceptional integrity, always striving to do the right thing and help to create an environment built on trust, honesty, and respect
The deadline to apply is June 3, 2022. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Application: Accounting Summer Student (Your Name)” in the subject line.
Note: only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. We are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and thank all applicants in advance.